My Friend Flakey

Good morning Sugar Fans! 
 
It's Janine, and I'm here to share with you my Wednesday post.

You may remember I recently made a Christmas bauble using the gorgeous digital stamp 'Princess', well here's another one. Mind you the bauble is quite small as is the image so it was quite a challenge to colour, but I got there in the end. I hope you like it. 

The stamp I used is called 'My Friend Flakey' and it's available as a digital stamp from Funkykits




 
To make my bauble - firstly I die cut 2 blue scallop circles from card for the back of my bauble. Next I printed the image onto colouring cardstock along with a sentiment and die cut it into a circle, distressed the edge and attached it to one of the scallop circles. The image was coloured with Copic Markers, and I added some white dots around it to add a little interest along with a few die cut glittery snowflakes.  Using strong glue PVA I smeared a small amount around the rim of the bauble I attached it to the circles. 

To stop the bauble from tipping forward I added a little extra weight by gluing a few coins to the back, I used the remaining die cut scalloped circle to hide them using foam tape.  To finish off I added a length of Bakers Twine and a ribbon.
 
You can the find the 'My Friend Flakey' stamp here --

http://www.funkykits.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2190

For full details of everything I did and I used in my bauble project, please check out my blog here.
 
Thank you for dropping by, and don't forget to call by tomorrow to see more fabulous inspiration from our fab Design Team and why not join our facebook group.

Big Hugs
 
x Janine x
 

1 comment:

Amandah said...

This is so cute & lovely. Well done on colouring such a small image. And the technique using the coins as Weights....... Very clever 😉