Butterfly Girl...



Good morning Sugar fans....it's Wednesday I hear you say and this isn't The Sugar Bowl I hear you say....well that's right, the lovely Karen asked me if I would like to take a 3 month spot here on The Sugar Nellie blog...woo hoo!!  Well I obviously had to think about it for all of 2 seconds...lol!!


So for my first card I wanted to go plain and simple and to try to just focus on my colouring and Butterfly Girl is one of my favourite stamps.  She comes from the Simply Sassy range of Sugar Nellie over at Funky Kits.  I stamped using memento ink and coloured with copics, building up colour and then shaded with polychromos....I like using my pencils for the finishing touches as I can get a bit finer detail with them as sometimes the pens can bleed too much.




Now I found that embossing folder at the SECC which I had to have as I immediately thought of this stamp...so the make is Craft Concepts however I'm not sure where you can buy it...and it is just beautiful...I love embossing with white card, I think it looks so crisp and clean.

Again, I found those teeny weeny butterflies at the SECC, they come in the one die from Memory Box and are just so perfect not just with this stamp but lots of other stamps too...I just added a bit of colour to them, popped their wings up and stuck them down.

The embossed panel, image and sentiment are layered onto kraft card and I doodled around the edges...I think that helps to pop an image....do you like doodles as much as I do??

The message is from Stampin Up and I finished with some pearls in the corner....hope you likey.

Pop back tomorrow for more inspiration from the team!!

Fi
x

5 comments:

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Congrats on joining the Sugar Nellie DT. This is simply beautiful Fiona, this is one of my favourite stamps and I love how you've coloured her. Hugs xx

Sue said...

That's great news Fi, BIG congratulations!
Your card is stunning, I love the image, fabulous colouring and beautiful embossing.
Sue xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations Fiona, I always think of Sugar Nellie, when I see your name, how weird is that, love your card hun xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Huge congrats Fiona, so well deserved as this gorgeous card shows

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card Fi! Love the die cut butterflies layered over that lovely butterfly embossed image. Fabulous finish with the doodles too. Gorgeous card. Hugs, Wends x