Saturday Shenanigans

Good Morning Everyone!

Well, the sun is finally shining in my little part of the world!

Doesn’t it,always, just make you feel better?

I have just returned from a few days, spent at the beach, with the family…

We managed to have the most fabulous weather, a little chilly but, gorgeous clear blue skies and lots of fresh air, it surely does blow the cobwebs away!

Of course, today, I must climb the laundry mountain! (boo, hiss)

But, whilst I was away, I got to thinking of the lovely Sugar Nellie rubber, that I really have to blow the cobwebs off.

I have so many little rubber babies, and have had so little time to play with them just lately, as things with my family have been a little hectic.

Feeling a little more energised than I have of late,  I have been trying to improve my colouring techniques using online tutorials.

My favourite colouring medium, of late, has been using Distress Inks ( I like using a paintbrush) and these have been a learning process….finding the right paper to use, the best brushes and then the technique itself but, my favourite technique video has to be this one from Annie Rose


Next on my ‘things to do’ list is releasing the full potential of my Prismacolour pencils, again, there are so many different things to get right first, the paper, which pencils, which blending mediums etc….

But, whilst on my ‘travels through blogland’ I came across this tutorial from the lovely Dorcas.

Dorcas has become my Prismacolor guru…..she has LOADS of tutorials on her blog.

My mission for today has become to follow the ‘Colouring Steel on Kraft’ tutorial, which just looks amazing to me!

So, I hope I have inspired you to drag out your colouring mediums and get crafting?

If so, please feel free to show us your creations, either, on our Facebook page and in The Sugar Bowl….there’s fabulous prizes to be won!

Enjoy your weekend…..

Luv’n’Hugs
Gayle x

5 comments:

Elaine said...

I watched the DI tutorial..very interesting indeed and well worth viewing.
I love to see other peoples techniques (mine is nothing like this at all!) I'll go and check out the Prisma tutorial too, as I have pencils but never use them.
Thanks for sharing :)
Big hugs
Elaine xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I have just switched from Promarkers to Copics and am loving them. I learnt a lot from PMs and putting that into practice with Copics, which seem to give a more vibrant look which I like. DIs seem more muted and don't give the same effect especially on hair with the strands that you get with Copics. It's good that we don't all use the same though as I love to see everyone's colouring.

Annie Rose said...

Aww, thanks for showing (and liking) my coloring video! :) It's definitely a process, but it's so much fun, and the only way to get better is to keep coloring... I think we can handle that. haha Must keep creating art? CAN DO!

Luvs,
Annie Rose

Ann-Marie said...

I am flitting between copics and pencils at the moment. I treated myself to distress markers a little while ago and its a learning curve with those but practice practice practice. Love to watch tutorials and find tips on colouring, thanks for sharing. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

Darla said...

Thanks for these tutorial sites. They are great.