my gingerbread friend



Hello everyone!
It's Kathrin here today sharing another card with you.

I so love those beautiful new christmas digis, that I had to make another card with one of them. And this while I so not feel like christmas could happen this year. The weather is way too nice and warm here at my end of the world right now.

But here she is: Gingerbread Cookies.


I colored her with Copics and used the traditional green and red for her clothes. Even if my red turned out a bit more like a dark pink. But I really love how those ear warmers turned out - don't they look fuzzy?

I added some snow liner underneath her feet so now it looks like she's walking through a layer of fresh fallen snow.

I found some gingerbread paper and that quite old quickutz gingerbread man die which were perfect for this card. 

To repeat the star from the image I also added two die cut stars, cut from golden paper that has a layer of shimmer on top.

So, enjoy the end of summer everyone - but don't forget that christmas will be here before we know it! ;)

Big hugs

4 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

This is absolutely gorgeous love the colours you have used and the colours in the image match the papers perfectly so a very happy outcome
enjoy your week
Jacki xx

Lizzy said...

Oh my this is so pretty and your colouring in is superb! Fabulous colours too.

Mojca said...

Waw lovely coloring and such a sweet image. Hugs! Mojca

Scrappyrpnprn said...

I love this image and those little gingerbread men are adorable. Your card layout is gorgeous as is your colouring. Wow!