Sugar Nellie Spotlight

Yey!! Its Tuesday again so that means that it is time to have somebody new in the Sugar Nellie Spotlight!!! - Have i told you before how much I love doing it?!?!? - Oooooh but i dooo - I always find such fabulous people - something that is really not that had to do when im looking at the Sugar Addicts blogs - seriously you ALL ROCK!!!!

Today I am soo excited to be able to introduce you to .....
Julie Baker from http://catchmecrafting.blogspot.com/ - What a fab blog addy!!!!!!!

Soooo, her she is ....


and this is what she has to say about herself ...

"Hi, I'm Julie and l'm a London gal born and bred, where I still live with my hubbie Nick, and my three lovelies, Holly, Harry and Emily. I started making cards "properly" as I call it, about 4 years ago when I truly got bitten by the bug. I've always been a maker of something though - whether cooking, knitting or crocheting. However, I am now completely obsessed with card-making!! I work as a payroll administrator for an investment bank in London, which as you can imagine is the complete opposite of this brilliant hobby - you can't be creative with payroll and tax, although someone might tell me differently! Every spare minute I have - lunch hours, evenings, weekends, I think about making cards or finding new stash to make them with. I adore colour - love my Promarkers, closely followed by Distress Inks - and try as I might I can't make a card without lots of colour!! Other than that, I love to try all sorts of different styles and techniques but I totally love stamping - colouring an image is totally theraputic. I can't draw to save my life but who needs to when there are so many gorgeous images out there! I've 'met' so many wonderful, creative people through blogging, who inspire me again and again. I've even met one or two in real life who have become firm friends - here's to many more!!"

Now for the bit im sure you have all been waiting for - the yummy cards - you are going to LOVE them i promise!!!!! Julie has an amazing selection of cards i could share with you today, so i have chosen to share creations using images from different Sugar Nellie collections showing you that Julie is awesome working with all styles of images.

This first card that i have to share with you is pretty in pink and features one of Gorjuss Girlies. A great card to share first with the Hello Friends sentiment dont you think!! I love the way that Julie has coloured the dress in the two different tones, it matches the background beautifully. Love it sweetie!!


How amazing is this tent card!! I have never made one myself, but just looking at this little beauty i am not sure if i can resist it for much longer. The purple and green look gorgeous together, and it soooo lovely to see some of the older stamps being used. Its too easy to ink up the new releases as soon as we get them - I know that i have a TON of neglected rubber!! Such an amazing card and I am sure it was gladly received!!


This next card is a STUNNER!! It has a simple layout but has tons of impact. I love the way that Julie has inked around the image, along with the papers it gives the whole card a vintage feel. Soo gorgeous. Isnt the missing you sentiment just perfect for that lil beauty sat waiting at her window - Im kinda presuming its a window now but still she is soo deep in thought!

The last creation that i have to share with you today is this gorgeous gift box. The attention to detail on this little basket is just breathtaking!! Look at the handle not only does it have the white decorative strip, Julie has added the pink floral border and then pearls on top of that. Its fabulous her colouring is awesome and those roses - well just want them - no wait .. NEED!!! hehe!!

I told you i had fabulous creations to share today didnt I!! They are all soo sweeeeet!!! Julies blog is awesome, I strongly recommend that you all go and visit her blog - I know i will definitely be going back!!! Thank you soo much Julie for agreeing to be in the Sugar Nellie Spotlight today! x x

8 comments:

craftyb said...

Congratulations Julie...your cards are gorgeous! bx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Julie's cards are indeed treasures and having known Julie for 37 years, and proud to say she is my bestest friend, I can tell you that she herself is a treasure! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Dena said...

Yay Julie!!! One of my good buddies!!!! You know I love your work since I tell you all the time!!
Hugs, Dena

Laura (Faerielore) said...

I have been blogging friends with Julie for years now and she is one talented lady, i love her creations so much. well done darling for being the sugar Nellie spotlight, its well deserved.

Laura xxxx

Julie said...

"Blushes"! So thrilled to be featured, thanks Zoe for all your lovely words!! And I told you I'd made some fab friends!!! Juliexx

BettyBoop67 said...

Wow congrats Julie,
your cards are stunning. Sue xx

Alex said...

I am so glad to see my dear friend Julie showcast here, she deserves it. As said before, she is a real treasure as a person and SUCH A TALENTED crafter! Way to go, Jules!!! Love ya!
Alex

Teresa said...

Wow!
well done Julie my new found blogging friend, brilliant work.
Teresa xx