More new peek







Designing beautiful children's illustrations and whimsical imagery is my passion. I studied at the Queensland College of Art, Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia and received a BA in Animation. My current portfolio is mostly hand illustrated with a small but growing line of digital art work. From classic animation cells and cartooning, I have continued to use my illustrative skills in portraiture, graphic imaging, custom illustrations, decorative wall art and children's art instruction.
My developed style is a melding of a Disney-esque charm to an essence of rustic Holly Hobbie sentimentality. Needless to say, these artists have influenced me in a prominent way as I love the nostalgic sense of innocence, whimsy and sweetness that arise from their work. Childhood is so fleeting and I endeavor to tap into that charming, forgotten realm through my fanciful creations.
A principle of mine is to bring joy and a sense of remembrance to individuals and families, young and old, of the essence and timelessness of youth suggested within my pieces. My aim is to eternalize such memories on my canvas and into those young at heart.
I hope you enjoy my whimsical compositions.
Elisabeth.

16 comments:

Gayle said...

These ae really beautiful images, can't wait for Funky Kits to get them, so that we then can!!
Luv'n'Hugs
Gayle x

Kathy said...

These are so cute and I cannot wait to get my hands on them!!!

Unknown said...

LOVELY STAMPS , JUST PERFECT :)

Aimee said...

These images are too cute...

Tiets said...

wowwww the are beautiful!!! I love those drawings!!! can't wait to get them in stamps!

Dee in Oklahoma said...

I would love to view the stamps...but there are so many scribbles all over it..I cannot. Why all the scribbling?
THANKS, Dee

Dee in Oklahoma said...

I would love to view the stamps...but there are so many scribbles all over it..I cannot. Why all the scribbling?
THANKS, Dee

Dee in Oklahoma said...

I would love to view the stamps...but there are so many scribbles all over it..I cannot. Why all the scribbling?
THANKS, Dee

Heather Huggins said...

Oh My!!! I can hardly wait for these to come out. They are so CUTE!!!!

Annie said...

They really are gorgeous, all of them, and definately made for my colouring pencils! annie x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your work is stunning!

Bubbles said...

Oh my goodness these are gorgeous, can't wait to get my hands on them ;0)

Lisa said...

Quote from Elizabeth "I hope you enjoy my whimsical compositions"

Enjoy them ? I love them, love the holly hobbish sort of style, was a big fan of this style when I was little, cant wait for them to come out
Lisa x

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

Hi Elisabeth,

welcome to the Sugar Nellie Team :) Can't wait to get your stamps!

Shazza said...

gorgeous images, cannot wait to own some of these :0)
Sharon
x

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ohhh these are really adorable. I can't wait till I can buy some.

hugs Ria